1. Best book you read in 2012?
I'll be doing a top book of 2012 soon, but I think my top number one is The Diviners by Libba Bray :D
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more than you did?
Hmm... I'm not sure. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, probably! I wanted to absolutely love it like everyone told me I would, and while I did really enjoy it, it wasn't anything special... Maybe because I had expectations that were far too high? I don't know. The film, on the other hand, was excellent!
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo. It's fantasy, and I'm really not a fantasy person. But I got drawn in by the gorgeous (US) cover (Shadow and Bone) and thought I'd give it a go, and I ended up absolutely loving it! Awesome.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, probably. Not sure how many people actually read it because I told them to, but I have told a lot of people that they ought to, and that still counts! Right? ;P
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
I'm going to cheat a little for this one... But I'm picking the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins, because I reread the first one this year and then read the other two for the first time this year, and I absolutely adored all three of them! They're brilliant, and there's going to be a spin-off series! :D
6. Favourite new authors discovered in 2012?
Jillian Larkin (Vixen), Sarah Alderson (Hunting Lila, Fated), Morgan Matson (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer). To name but a few.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre?
The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo because I thought I hated fantasy! But I loved this :D
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book of 2012?
The Diviners by Libba Bray... I read it in three days despite it being 600 pages and having school on two of those days. OH MY GOSH IT'S INCREDIBLE.
9. Book you read in 2012 that you are most likely to reread in 2013?
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. It's the perfect Christmas book, so I might have to make it a yearly thing or something :P
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2012?
There have been some really gorgeous covers of books I've read this year, such as The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Hollow Pike, Debutantes, but my favourite is probably Me and Earl and the Dying Girl... It's just brilliant! It's definitely what drew me in to the book and I actually really enjoyed it :D
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Ooh, I don't know :S Um. Augustus and Hazel from The Fault in our Stars, maybe. Their story is just incredible. Also, Julie and Maddie from Code Name Verity were really awesome too!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Oh no. This question is hard. Code Name Verity because it is just so clever. I absolutely loved it - the way they couldn't reveal anything and then it was all revealed in the end (it's a war book, hence the secrecy) and oh it was just brilliant! Does that count as beautifully written?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
The Fault in our Stars by John Green and Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson both had me crying like a baby. And then Insurgent by Veronica Roth was so shocking and confusing and I'm now just like, GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW. And lastly, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan just makes me go all mushy inside :')
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. It's perfect. I loved every single thing about it, and it came out two whole years ago so why did I wait so long?!
15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2012?
I don't really collect quotes, to be honest... I read them and I think, ooh, that's nice, but then I forget them :/ So I don't really know!
16. Shortest and longest book you read?
Longest was The Diviners by Libba Bray with 592 pages and the shortest was Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic with 200 pages.
17. Book that had a scene that you had to talk about with someone?
Zom-B by Darren Shan! I had to talk to people to make sure I'd understood the book properly and hadn't missed something blindingly obvious, because of the enormous twist that I have to keep extremely secret for all who haven't yet read it :P I say no more, my lips are sealed.
18. Favourite relationship from a book you read in 2012?
Ooh, Evie and Sam from The Diviners! They weren't together or anything but the banter between them was so real and I could really imagine him being his really annoying self and Evie trying to put up with it with her quick quips and comebacks... Loved them :P
19. Favourite book you read in 2012 from an author you read previously?
The Diviners by Libba Bray (having read The Gemma Doyle trilogy about 4 years ago) :D And The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (having read Looking For Alaska and Let It Snow in 2011).
20. Best book you read that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else?
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I wasn't sure this would be my cup of tea but I read it because people kept going on and on about it, and then I ended up really loving it even though it was slow and took me ages :)
So there we have it! Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a link to your End of Year Survey in the comments! :)