Skip to main content

Letterbox Love #3

Hello! Letterbox Love is hosted by Lynsey over at Narratively Speaking, and it showscases everything we've received in the last week. Mine's for a few weeks though, because I've been lazy, again :P Anyway, onto the books! (Also, really sorry it's really late! My camera wouldn't work and I've been out all day (more details at the bottom))



RECEIVED FOR REVIEW

Prodigy by Marie Lu
This is the sequel to Legend, which came out last year. I really enjoyed Legend, so I'm looking forward to reading this! Thanks to Penguin for this! Released.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Again, thanks to Penguin for this one! It's the sequel to Cinder, which is about cyborgs, and I read and loved it in the summer last year so I'm super excited to get to this one! Out February.

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
AHHH! Reading this one now and it's as awesome as ever. I LOVE Richelle Mead's YA books so much... Anyway, this is the third book in the Bloodlines series, which is a spin-off to the Vampire Academy series. I definitely recommend you read these books if you haven't already, they're brilliant! Thanks to Penguin again for this one! Release February.

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
This is the second book from Jennifer E. Smith, and I really enjoyed her first one, The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight, so I'm definitely looking forward to giving this one a read! Thanks Headline! Released April.

In The Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
I've seen this on several other bloggers' Letterbox Loves and I loved the sound of it, so I cheekily requested a copy for myself. I can't wait - it sounds awesome! Thanks to Abrams and Chronicle for this one. Release April.

Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
SO EXCITED for this one! It's going to be awesome, I think! I loved Jenny Han's Summer series, and although I haven't read any of Siobhan Vivian's books, I've heard some great things about them! Thanks to Simon & Schuster! Released February.

Unremembered by Jessica Brody
I don't really know too much about this one but from the synopsis it sounded pretty good so I thought I'd request it and see what it was all about. I'm looking forward to reading it! Have any of you read it? Thanks to Macmillan! Released February.

The Disappearances by Gemma Malley
I wasn't sure about the first in this series, so I'm interested to see what this one is like. I'll check out other bloggers' reviews and then see what they say, so if you've read it and you liked it better than the first one, let me know! Thanks to Hodder for this one. Released April. (Also, if you can't remember what happened in the first book, I will be posting an Happily Ever Ending for The Killables sometime this week or next! Don't know what that is? Click here.)

JOHN GREEN - THE FAULT IN OUR STARS UK TOUR


Okay, so today I went to an awesome event... It was John Green's UK The tour with special guest, Hank Green for The Fault In Our Stars! It was so freaking awesome and I had so much fun! I got this t-shirt, and I bought An Abundance of Katherines especially, and I also got a signed and Hanklerfish-ed UK paperback of The Fault In Our Stars! I took my hardback of TFIOS, and Let It Snow too to get signed and Hanklerfish-ed, and I've taken a picture for you all to see above! Did anyone go, or went to the Swindon show or going to another one this week? Let me know! I couldn't take pictures with them, or get my books personalised, but it was the best day ever, I can't wait until they come back to the UK because I just want to do it all again! :D 

I'm hoping to do a write-up of the event sometime this week, so look out for that (although it's entirely possible that I won't bother, because I'm lazy and also have a busy week coming up!) 

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you got in your letterbox this week in the comments, or let me know which one of these you think I should read first! Happy reading everyone!

Comments

  1. OOh nice! I cannot wait for the Indigo Spell myself! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFiOS live was so great! Oh, and Scarlet is even better than Cinder. I loved it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh wow such amazing titles! This is what happy looks like! OMG I NEED THIS! Prodigy was reallllly good, so much better than Legend! hope you enjoy all your books!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sometimes I wish I lived in a bigger city. We don't get cool events like the one you mentioned. I would have died being in the same room as John Green.

    Anywho,

    Scarlet is amazing, I hope you like it. I reviewed it a couple weeks ago. I also received Unremembered a couple weeks ago and have plans to read it, I hope it's good.

    Enjoy your books,

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So jealous. I loved The Fault in Our Stars so much :) Sounds like you had fun ;) Ohhh. Scarlet is so so amazing. <3 As is In the Shadow of Blackbirds :D Also really liked Unremembered. <3 Enjoy it all sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Hello all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm currently on holiday in a huge castle in the South of France and enjoying relaxing, playing games, and of course reading a lot!  Today's post is a review of a dreamy summer romance that's perfect for your holiday TBRs! Title:  A Sky Painted Gold Author:  Laura Wood Series:   n/a Pages:   356 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  5th July, 2018 Source:  Publisher for review* Synopsis from Goodreads: Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams. But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went Author: Gayle Forman Series: If I Stay #2 Pages: 260 Publisher: Random House Date of UK Publication: April 28th 2011 Source: Borrowed from friend Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. My Thoughts: Where She Went continues the story from If I

REVIEW: Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood

Good morning! Hope you're having a good week! Today I have a review for one of the biggest titles at YALC this year. Title:  Floored Author:  Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood Series:  n/a Pages:   320 Publisher:  Macmillan Date of Publication:  12th July, 2018 Synopsis from Goodreads: When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shoul