1. Cricket Bell. Right, so he's from Lola and the Boy Next Door and at first I hated his name and thought it was stupid - I mean who would think Cricket was a good name? But as the book went on and he got more adorable, the name completely suited him and although I still think it's weird, it kinda fits and I actually really like it!
2. Plutarch Heavensbee. He's from Catching Fire and Mockingjay, and I just think his name is great! I love how there are so many names of Greek (Plutarch) and Latin (Caesar, Seneca) origin in The Hunger Games trilogy, but Plutarch Heavensbee was my favourite, I think.
3. Laureth Peak. I've just finished She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick and I laughed at how she was named this. Also her little brother's raven, Stan, too.
4. Blossom Uxley-Michaels and Petrina-Ola Olsen. I've put these two together because they're from the same book, Weirdos Vs Quimboids by Natasha Desborough, and because I love them for the same reason - just look at their initials! ;)
5. Bennett Cooper. I don't know why but I just loved that he was called Bennett. Time Between Us is also an adorable book and I kind of fell in love with Bennett so perhaps that has something to do with it...
6. Pippi Longstocking. Her name is just the best :P
7. Augustus Waters. It's a good name, that one! Again of Latin origin, which makes it even more awesome. I love Latin!
8. Aurora "Rory" Deveaux. Rory is the main character of The Shades of London series by Maureen Johnson, and although I generally think of Rory as a boys' name, I do really like it. Also the name Aurora is really pretty and reminds me of one of my favourite characters in Animal Crossing, so it's a pretty good name I think :P
9. Etienne St. Clair. It's just such a good name.
I can't think of a tenth name that I particularly liked so I'll leave it at nine. On the whole I like most character names, unless I don't know how to pronounce them in which case they're just annoying. On the other hand there are a few names I can think of that I really hate but for fearing of insulting people I won't share them :P Thanks to Broke and Bookish for hosting Top Ten Tuesday!
What are your favourite character names?
Are there any character names that you really don't like?
If you could rename a character, who would you rename and what would you change their name to?