Skip to main content

Book Review: Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz


Some secrets shouldn’t be kept…
Until three months ago, sixteen-year-old Camelia’s life gave been fairly ordinary. Then a mysterious boy named Ben started junior year at her school and changed everything.
Rumoured to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend’s accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. Despite the rumours, she’s inexplicably drawn to him… and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she’s in danger, and that he wants to help – but can he be trusted? She knows he’s hiding something… but he’s not the only one with a secret.


This book is mysterious and rather creepy. Throughout the book, Laurie Faria Stolarz has thrown in red herring after red herring, keeping you guessing, re-guessing, and then re-guessing again. I found myself thinking, 'It must be him. He's the stalker. Actually, no wait, perhaps not... (reads a few more pages.) Well, it isn't him. Or is it?' Also, every once in a while, you get a small insight into the mind of the stalker, via a hand written journal entry, though it never actually reveals who the stalker actually is, and when I eventually did find out at the end of the book, I was very surprised, having not expected the stalker to be who I thought the stalker was.

If you are easily creeped out by things, then I would say that you shouldn't read this book if you are either: home alone, or at night. Once I started this book, I couldn't stop, and had to read the whole thing in one sitting. I found myself a little bit scared at times, but I kept going, and I'm glad I did. As soon as I can, I'll be ordering the next one, DEADLY LITTLE LIES, to see if it's just as good.

I give it 4 Feet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Review: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Title:  The Unexpected Everything Author:  Morgan Matson Series:   standalone Pages:   518 Publisher:  Simon and Schuster Date of Publication: 5th May, 2016 Source:  Spare review copy passed on* Synopsis from Goodreads: Andie has a plan. And she always sticks to her plan. Future? A top-tier medical school. Dad? Avoid him as much as possible (which isn’t that hard considering he’s a Congressman and he’s never around). Friends? Palmer, Bri, and Toby—pretty much the most awesome people on the planet, who needs anyone else? Relationships? No one’s worth more than three weeks. So it’s no surprise that Andie’s got her summer all planned out too. Until a political scandal costs Andie her summer pre-med internship, and lands both she and Dad back in the same house together for the first time in years. Suddenly she’s doing things that aren’t Andie at all—working as a dog walker, doing an epic scavenger hunt with her dad, and maybe, jus...