Skip to main content

Book Review: Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

I feel the weight of the pack's gaze...
Grace and Sam must fight to be together. FOr Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping dangerous secrets. For Sam, it means grappling with his werewolf past... and figuring out a way to survive the future.
But just when they manage to find happiness, Grace realizes she's changing in ways she could never have expected...
- From the back of the book.

Sam is amazing. I love him. He grows a lot in this book, and you can really see the changes in him from the first books. He has been pushed through a lot, and he has been forced to push his own worries aside and concentrate on others, something that I admire him for. He is still a broken man, yet his love for Grace is slowly but surely putting him back together. It's no longer a matter of if he will be whole again, it's when.

Linger is a lot more laid back than Shiver. This is because a lot of Shiver was based on if and when Sam was going to change. Linger isn't as fast-paced as Shiver was, but this didn't make much of a difference, I was still turning the pages just as fast, waiting to find out what was wrong with Grace and how Sam was going to fix her. There is more drama in this book, but not so much that you find yourself lost and not sure what's going on. I am very much looking forward to the next book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, to find out what will happen next, and I just hope that Maggie Stiefvater will find a way to keep her books as amazing as they are.

I give it 5 Feet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Blogger Hop #10 and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday again, so time for the Book Blogger Hop and the Follow Friday! What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?  My answer: I didn't really enjoy Fallen by Lauren Kate very much, and I'm not sure why, I just didn't. Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to post my review, but I ended up saying why I didn't like it, but also all the parts I thought were good. I always try and post my honest opinion, and if I didn't like a particular book, I will try and say so in the nicest way possible, saying what the good bits were too. Because a book can't be all bad, can it?  What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby? My answer: Although reading takes up a lot of my time, I do do other things... I play the flute, and am currently on Grade 6 so that takes up a lot of my time too... And apart from reading and reviewing on my blog, I don't really do much else. I listen to a ...