Skip to main content

Book of the Week #13: Crank by Ellen Hopkins

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, if they celebrate it, and a great holiday if not! Here's this week's BotW.


CRANK
by Ellen Hopkins



Title: Crank
Author: Ellen Hopkins
Publication Date: Feb 2008
When I Read It: Jan 2009
Synopsis: Kristina Georgia Snow is the perfect daughter: a gifted student, quiet, never any trouble. But on a trip to visit her absentee father, Kristina disappears and Bree takes her place. Bree is a total opposite to Kristina - she's fearless. Through a boy she meets, Bree is introduced to the monster: crank. And what begins as a wild, ecstatic ride turns into a struggle through hell for her mind, her soul and, ultimately, her life. - from amazon.co.uk
Ages: 16+
Why I Loved It: The way it's written, in poem form, makes it unique, and the story is really thought provoking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Blogger Hop #10 and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday again, so time for the Book Blogger Hop and the Follow Friday! What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?  My answer: I didn't really enjoy Fallen by Lauren Kate very much, and I'm not sure why, I just didn't. Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to post my review, but I ended up saying why I didn't like it, but also all the parts I thought were good. I always try and post my honest opinion, and if I didn't like a particular book, I will try and say so in the nicest way possible, saying what the good bits were too. Because a book can't be all bad, can it?  What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby? My answer: Although reading takes up a lot of my time, I do do other things... I play the flute, and am currently on Grade 6 so that takes up a lot of my time too... And apart from reading and reviewing on my blog, I don't really do much else. I listen to a ...