Skip to main content

In My Mailbox #41

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

No video this week, sorry! I'm feeling lazy ;)

FOR REVIEW



Advent by James Treadwell (proof from Hodder)
This one sounds pretty good - not heard much about it but it looks good! 

Black Arts by Prentice and Weil (Proof from David Fickling Books)
Not heard of this before! It looks pretty good - not quite sure what it's about and it's HUGE but I might give it a read nearer it's release in April :)


Fracture by Megan Miranda (Finished copy from Bloomsbury)
This is my second copy of this now - it looks SO good! I can't wait to read it :D


BORROWED



The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (sent by the lovely Cicely from Cicely Loves Books)
Cic and I did a borrow swap kind of thing - I lent her a couple books and she lent me this! I'm on page 100 and it's very good, I can't wait to see what happens towards the end! Cole is very interesting... ;D Thanks Cicely!


GIFTED


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (gifted by the awesome Iffath from Painting With Words)
I'm so excited to read this! I'll be reading it nearer Christmas, and I'm hoping it will completely get into a Christmassy mood :D Can't wait! Thanks Iffath!


SWAG

 


Lenore Appelhans (@lenoreva) sent me an awesome swag pack, which contained a German Hunger Games tribute guide, a chapter sampler from Tempest by Julie Cross, and some awesome bookmarks, three of which were signed! :D Thanks so much! And them Cicely sent me some more awesome swag when she sent The Near Witch, (some more awesome bookmarks and another Hunger Games booklet), so I shall have to think of something awesome to send back when I'm done with TNW... :D

That's everything I got for the past two weeks - post has been quite slow but that's a good thing because I'm hoping to read lots before the end of the year! What did you get in your mailbox this week? Leave me a link and comment and I'll be sure to return the favour! :D

Comments

  1. Wow! Looks like you had a good week for books! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, can't wait to read Fracture! Love the swag! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Fracture! You should read it soon. Dash and Lily's was cute too. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got so much awesome! Enjoy it all :D I also really liked The Near Witch ;p *Jealous of all the swag*
    Love, Carina
    www.carinabooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always meant to read The Near Witch. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Advet and Black Arts sound really good! Enjoy all your books and have a lovely week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D I'm so glad you're enjoying TNW! And you don't have to send me anything back ;) Letting me borrow TSPOLAFS was enough! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous of your swag, I love swag, I never get swag... wow I am totally whining! I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Near Witch and cant wait to read Fracture! All your swag is mega cool.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool that the HG tribute book exists in English too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so jealous you got Fracture!!!! Awesome IM hun! (:

    my imm-http://www.ya-aholic.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a copy of Fracture...but not with that cover! Mine is just plain white!

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    ♥bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Fracture but I didn't get to read it. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black Arts is a superb book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Review: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Title:  The Scorpio Races  Author:  Maggie Stiefvater Series:  Standalone Pages:  404 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  25th October 2011 Source:  Publisher* Synopsis from Goodreads: It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die. At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them. Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen. My Thoughts: I was really excited to read The Scorpio Races . I'm a huge fan of Maggie Stiefvater, and I've read all her previous books apart from Balla...