Skip to main content

In My Mailbox #11

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Again, I got a lot of books over the past few weeks, but unlike last time I'm not going to add each synopsis because I looked back over it and realised how long the post was... :L I'll add a link to Goodreads and Amazon so you can look at the synopsis and reviews if you're interested. :D

FOR REVIEW


Virtuosity  Never Eighteen  The Girl in the Steel Corset (The Steampunk Chronicles, #1)  Ultraviolet  Putting Makeup on Dead People  The Near Witch 

Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I LOVE that cover! It's so pretty, and it sounds pretty good, so can't wait to get started on this one.

Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
This is another contemporary that I'm trying to read more of, and it sounds pretty good, and it's not released until 2012, so I've got a good long time to read it.

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
This one also has an amazing cover; look at that dress! It beautiful, and I've never read a steampunk novel before (I don't think) so I'm interested to see how this one will be.

Ultraviolet by RJ Anderson (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
Again, gorgeous cover! I don't really know much about this one, but I'm hoping it will be good.

Putting Makeup on Dead People by Jen Violi (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
This one looks like a fun read. With a title like that, how can you not want to read it?!

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I've heard lots about this one, sounds awesome, and you can probably guess what I'm going to say about the cover... No? It's awesome! :D

BOUGHT


The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)  City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
So excited for this one! I LOVED Kelley's Darkest Powers series, so this one should be awesome.

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I'M HALFWAY THROUGH AND LOVING IT! That's all I'm going to say about this one, I could go on forever about it. *happy dance*

BORROWED

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I borrowed this one from my friend, I've heard so much awesome about it, and wanted to try it for myself.

LIBRARY

Delirium (Delirium #1)  My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles #1)  If I Stay

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I'm already in love with this book and I've only read the first couple of chapters! It's going to be AWESOME.

My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
I was going to buy this book a while ago, but I bought something else because it was out of stock or for a reason like that, and never got around to buying it when it came back in. Looks pretty good, and the title is so pretty :D

If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US)
And lastly, I'm pretty excited about this one, there's so much going around about it, I decided to see how awesome it was for myself.

So that's all I got this week, what did you all get in your mailboxes? Leave a link in the comments!

Comments

  1. So many awesome books! I love the cover for Ultraviolet and The Near Witch is AWESOME. Delirium is so beautiful and tragic and amazing, as is If I Stay. Enjoy your books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Delirium and If I Stay, they're amazing. Happy reading!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Bella, i love your mailbox! You have amazing books there. I got Delirium too this week and have a few of those others on pre-order. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. l have heard so much about The Summer I Turned Pretty too and will definitely read it one day.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read The Gathering! I ordered my copy online for a deal so I will have to wait for it, hopefully it won't be too long!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  6. City of Fallen Angels and Delirium rocked, you'll love them! You'Ve got so many awesome books over the past weeks. Also I am a huge fan of the Summer series, including The Summer I Turned Pretty:)
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading City of Fallen Angels now and loving it! The Near Witch and If I Stay stay sound really good. Nice mailbox!

    Smiles,
    Amy
    http://amyjonesyaff.blogspot.com
    http://www.soulquesttrilogy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bunch of books!
    Hope you'll enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books this week. If I Stay is soooooo good. My copy of CoFA hasn't arrived yet. Looking forward to reading The Girl in the Steel Corset.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing books this week! Have fun reading them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mailbox! I think I have pretty much all of those books on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Hello all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm currently on holiday in a huge castle in the South of France and enjoying relaxing, playing games, and of course reading a lot!  Today's post is a review of a dreamy summer romance that's perfect for your holiday TBRs! Title:  A Sky Painted Gold Author:  Laura Wood Series:   n/a Pages:   356 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  5th July, 2018 Source:  Publisher for review* Synopsis from Goodreads: Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams. But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went Author: Gayle Forman Series: If I Stay #2 Pages: 260 Publisher: Random House Date of UK Publication: April 28th 2011 Source: Borrowed from friend Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. My Thoughts: Where She Went continues the story from If I

REVIEW: Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood

Good morning! Hope you're having a good week! Today I have a review for one of the biggest titles at YALC this year. Title:  Floored Author:  Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood Series:  n/a Pages:   320 Publisher:  Macmillan Date of Publication:  12th July, 2018 Synopsis from Goodreads: When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shoul