Skip to main content

In My Mailbox #27

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and showcases the books you received in the week, whether it came to you in the mail, or you bought it in a shop :) Bought, borrowed, gifted, one, or for review, they all count! :) Also, I have no actual photos today because my camera's out of battery and I can't be bothered to charge it because I am a lazy person. So all pictures are from Goodreads :)

BOUGHT

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour  Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (UK Paperback)
I'm so excited to read this - I've only heard good things about it, so yay! I'm going to try and fit it in with my summer reading :) Also, the back is so cool, it's like a postcard...

Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done by Sarah Mlynowski (UK Paperback)
Lots of people don't like this cover and title, and I agree that the US one is better, but this one isn't hideous... And it was cheaper :) It looks hilarious and it's got really good reviews, so like Amy & Roger I'm going to try and fit it in with my summer reading too :)

FOR REVIEW

The Scorpio Races  Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1)

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (UK Proof) *SQUEEEEEE*
Oh. My. Gosh. I have this and I'm SO EXCITED!!! I cannot wait to read this, it looks AMAZING :D It's by Maggie so it will be awesome, and I just can't say how I excited I am to have this XD *happy dance* Thank you Scholastic!

Blood Red Road by Moira Young (UK Paperback)
I already have this book, but I got another copy for review this week so I've put one of them up on ReadItSwapIt :) It's in perfect condition so if you want it, I'm 'cheezyfeetbooks' :P I haven't read it yet though, so I'm excited to now! Thank you Scholastic!

GIFTED

Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (UK Paperback, RAK from Scattered Laura)
Yay! This completes my Lauren Oliver collection :) I'm really excited to read it, I've heard mixed things about it, but I still want to read it! :D Thank you very much Laura!


What did you get in your mailboxes? Leave me a link in the comments and I'll try and stop by your blogs! :D

Comments

  1. I really can't wait to get a copy of "Before I fall" I've heard great things about it! I also want to read "Ten things we shouldn't have done". Looking forward to your review on "The Scorpio Races" I've only read Stiefvater's YA books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's a great Mailbox for you Bella! :)

    Before I Fall is SO good. I hope you like (love!) it as much as I do. I just finished Blood Red Road earlier this week and really liked it! It's different from other dystopians I've read so far so that's good :)

    AND YOU HAVE THE SCORPIO RACES WHAAAAAA. Awesome! Hope you'll enjoy! I'll be looking forward to reading your review :)

    Happy reading! My IMM can be found here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Imm. i got the Scorpio raves last week.still not had a hance to read it though. Hope you enjoy

    Totally Bookalicious IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE SCORPIO RACES!! Lucky girl!!! Cannot wait to hear what you think, I'm so excited for this! Maggie Stiefvater is <3

    Before I Fall is fantastic. Man, by the ending though, I was a sobbing mess :( Great haul this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I bought blood red roD last week so looking forward to hearing if it's any good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amy & Rodger I think it's the perfect summer read, I enjoyed 10 things too and hey who cares if the cover is naff if it's cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh you got the Scorpio Races for review! Lucky! I can't decide if that's one I want to read or not. Would read it if I got a review copy for sure, but still not sure what I want to do!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some INCREDIBLE book there!

    Blood Red Road, Before I Fall and Amy and Roger are 3 of my top, fav books ever! (Reviews of all three on my blog)

    Have a fun time reading them! :D

    My IMM

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED Before I Fall...hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Ten Things and it is awesome! i hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Hello all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm currently on holiday in a huge castle in the South of France and enjoying relaxing, playing games, and of course reading a lot!  Today's post is a review of a dreamy summer romance that's perfect for your holiday TBRs! Title:  A Sky Painted Gold Author:  Laura Wood Series:   n/a Pages:   356 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  5th July, 2018 Source:  Publisher for review* Synopsis from Goodreads: Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams. But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went Author: Gayle Forman Series: If I Stay #2 Pages: 260 Publisher: Random House Date of UK Publication: April 28th 2011 Source: Borrowed from friend Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. My Thoughts: Where She Went continues the story from If I

REVIEW: Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood

Good morning! Hope you're having a good week! Today I have a review for one of the biggest titles at YALC this year. Title:  Floored Author:  Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood Series:  n/a Pages:   320 Publisher:  Macmillan Date of Publication:  12th July, 2018 Synopsis from Goodreads: When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shoul