Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday #2: Dystopians

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. :)

This week was a freebie week, so I could choose anything about literature to do a top ten of. And Top Ten Dystopians was suggested, so I thought, hey, I love dystopians, so let's do that... Not sure how many I've read though! ;) If I haven't read 10 I'll add ones that I like the sound of :D


1. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Do I really need to say anything about this series? I think most people have read it now, but if you haven't, I'm ordering you to go and buy/borrow/swap a copy, and read it. And don't worry if 24 children killing each other doesn't sound like your thing, because I didn't think it would be mine either... ;) My review is here.

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This book was AMAZING. I'm still not sure whether or not I liked this better than The Hunger Games, but it was at least as good as they were... If you're a YA dystopian fan (or not YA, doesn't matter) I'm sure you will LOVE this :D It's SO good. My review is here.

3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - This book was awesome too... I have much love for dystopians, if you couldn't already tell... ;) It was an idea I'd never read before, but it was awesome anyway :) And Rhine was an awesome main character :) Here is my review.

4. Inside Out and Outside In by Maria V. Snyder - These books are AMAZING. They are so good, but they're are not doing as well as the publishers originally thought so unfortunately there probably won't be another book in the series... It's SO SADD!! So please, go out and buy a copy, and see what you think! Please? *bats eyelids* My review is here, if that didn't convince you ;)

5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - This one is also awesome. Basically, I think you should just read all the books on this list, because they are ALL awesome :D Anyway, this one is about a world where love is a disease, and you get cured from it once you turn eighteen. Lauren Oliver has a beautiful writing style, and I think this one is a great one to start with if you've never read a dystopian before. You can read my review here.

6. Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfeld - I read these before I started blogging, so I haven't reviewed them, and I've read better since, but these were my first dystopians so they'll always be a little bit special for me :) They have an awesome plotline, awesome lingo, and they're so fun :)

7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - This series is a cross between dystopian and paranormal - it's dystopian, with ZOMBIES :D This is the first book in a series, and the second one's even better :) Haven't read the 3rd one yet though, I really need to! I know a lot of people don't like this one because of the zombies, but it's really good :)

8. Matched by Ally Condie - This had a good synopsis, and I really liked it, but it's not as good as the others in this list :L BUT, it ends on a massive cliffhanger that sets up really well for a sequel that has the potential to be AMAZING :D So if you're a dystopian fan, then read this, as I think you'll like it :) It has some awesome parts, and you can read my review here.

9. Bumped by Megan McCafferty - This book is SUPER WEIRD. It's about a world where you become infertile at the age of eighteen so the teenagers of the world are relied on to have your babies for you... I know it sounds weird and kind of gross, but it was good... You can read my review here.

10. The Declaration by Gemma Malley - I read these ages ago, back when I was about 11... Not sure though ;) I can't remember much about it, apart from that it was really good and I really need to read the rest of the series ;) So I'd recommend these! :D

Have you done a Top Ten Tuesday this week? Leave me a link to yours in the comments! :D

Comments

  1. Dystopian is something I haven't explored much of yet. I do intend to go there some day though. Thanks for a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously need to read wither and the uglies series. great list :)

    i did my list on books i need to re-read for this week's top ten tuesday freebie. hope you stop by.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a Top Ten list. (I do hope someone is writing these down!)

    Not sure if it is the same thing exactly, but I've always liked Post-Apocalyptic Novels, too, like The Stand and Candle for Lebowitz.

    Here's my Top Ten Freebie: Top Ten Books-about-Books! And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I've seen a couple of people go with dystopians. The Hunger Games would also be at the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes, I agree with most of those! The Hunger Games of course, and I absolutely LOVED Divergent! I think The Declaration series is very good too - underrated! Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list!! ANd you've pretty much convinced me to read Inside OUt next, I need to get a whiff of its awesomeness :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Hello all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm currently on holiday in a huge castle in the South of France and enjoying relaxing, playing games, and of course reading a lot!  Today's post is a review of a dreamy summer romance that's perfect for your holiday TBRs! Title:  A Sky Painted Gold Author:  Laura Wood Series:   n/a Pages:   356 Publisher:  Scholastic Date of Publication:  5th July, 2018 Source:  Publisher for review* Synopsis from Goodreads: Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams. But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went Author: Gayle Forman Series: If I Stay #2 Pages: 260 Publisher: Random House Date of UK Publication: April 28th 2011 Source: Borrowed from friend Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other. Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. My Thoughts: Where She Went continues the story from If I

REVIEW: Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood

Good morning! Hope you're having a good week! Today I have a review for one of the biggest titles at YALC this year. Title:  Floored Author:  Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson, and Eleanor Wood Series:  n/a Pages:   320 Publisher:  Macmillan Date of Publication:  12th July, 2018 Synopsis from Goodreads: When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means when you hear her name and it doesn't match the way she looks, or the way she talks; Dawson, who was on TV, but isn't as good-looking as he was a few years ago and is desperately hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it, and who used to have a poster of Dawson on her bedroom wall, and Joe, who shoul