Skip to main content

Book Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Inside OutTitle: Inside Out
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Date of Publication: 1st January 2011
Pages: 315
Source: Bought
Series: Inside Out #1
Synopsis from Goodreads.com:
Keep Your Head Down.

Don't Get Noticed.

Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.


My Thoughts:
I love YA Dystopian novels. I haven't read that many, only The Hunger Games and The Forest of Hands and Teeth series, but those two were awesome, so once I heard about this, I was so excited to read it. I seem to have lots of trouble finding YA Dystopian novels so any suggestions, leave them in the comments! Anyway, this was definitely a welcome addition, and I am still a huge fan of YA Dystopian.

Right from the beginning of the story, I could tell that Trella was about to take us on an amazing adventure, completely different from anything else. And I was right.

There are so many things about this book that I absolutely adore. Firstly, the thing that jumped out at me right at the beginning, was the amazingly complex yet completely simple world that Snyder has created. It was extremely well thought out and incredibly detailed, even down to the number of rivets on the walls. There is social hierarchy, with the Uppers being better than the Lowers, who are keeping Inside alive. And even though the situation in which Trella and her friends live in is completely impossible, it's easy to imagine and great to get lost in.

Trella is a confident and independent character, and she's unique. There is no one like her in the sheep-like herd of scrubs, and she trusts no one. That was at the beginning though. At the end, she begins to develop into a confident and determined young woman, who will do whatever it takes to get what she wants. And she does.

Everything about this book is awesome. I could go on forever about it, but nobody wants to read that. All I'm going to say is that is awesomely written, and a great start to what is promising to be an amazing series. If you haven't read it, you really need to. It's awesome.

My Rating:
I give it 5 Feet!

Challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge #6

Comments

  1. Great review! I adore Maria's books, both YA and adult! And Inside Out is so much different than her adult books which has a past feel to them with magic involved! Inside Out was amazing and its sequel Outside In was a great followup. My review for Outside In will be up early February, the 5th I believe, just before it's February 22 release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, indeed! Can't wait to check this one out for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Blogger Hop #10 and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday again, so time for the Book Blogger Hop and the Follow Friday! What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?  My answer: I didn't really enjoy Fallen by Lauren Kate very much, and I'm not sure why, I just didn't. Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to post my review, but I ended up saying why I didn't like it, but also all the parts I thought were good. I always try and post my honest opinion, and if I didn't like a particular book, I will try and say so in the nicest way possible, saying what the good bits were too. Because a book can't be all bad, can it?  What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby? My answer: Although reading takes up a lot of my time, I do do other things... I play the flute, and am currently on Grade 6 so that takes up a lot of my time too... And apart from reading and reviewing on my blog, I don't really do much else. I listen to a ...