Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo

Participant2_180_180_white       NaNoWriMo Logo

Hey everyone, just thought I'd write a little post about what I'm going to be doing hopefully throughout the whole month of November. I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month. The aim of it is that during the month of November, you should try to write a 50,000 word novel. Sounds crazy, right? I know, I know, but everyone else was doing it, and I've had an idea floating around in my head for a little while so I decided to give it a go. I've never written anything before, and I hate creative writing in school, but I thought I may as well try, and see what happens :) I have no idea how long I will last, but I'm hoping I will win! Winning is just finishing, managing to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days!
But, if you are a young person, like me, you can sign up for the Young Writer's Programme. This is exactly the same as NaNoWriMo, but instead of writing 50,000 words, you can choose your goal, and make it shorter if you want to. I've signed up for both, and have set my goal on the YWP as 30,000 words, but I also have an account on the main site to see if I can do that too. So, wish me luck you guys, and let me know in the comments if you're taking part and what your username is, so I can add you to my buddy list! My username is Cheezyfeet on both sites, so add me too! :D Good luck everyone!

*If I don't post as much this month, this is why!

Comments

  1. Good luck! Let's see if we can win Nano... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck lovely! Keep me updated with how you're doing!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Bella! It's amazing that so many people do NaNoWriMo! I'm not much of a writer and I am terribly lacking in imagination, so I don't think I could ever do this! But maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, thanks for letting me know about the Young Writers Programme. I too have now signed up for both. *high fives* Let's do this thing! :)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Blogger Hop #10 and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday again, so time for the Book Blogger Hop and the Follow Friday! What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?  My answer: I didn't really enjoy Fallen by Lauren Kate very much, and I'm not sure why, I just didn't. Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to post my review, but I ended up saying why I didn't like it, but also all the parts I thought were good. I always try and post my honest opinion, and if I didn't like a particular book, I will try and say so in the nicest way possible, saying what the good bits were too. Because a book can't be all bad, can it?  What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby? My answer: Although reading takes up a lot of my time, I do do other things... I play the flute, and am currently on Grade 6 so that takes up a lot of my time too... And apart from reading and reviewing on my blog, I don't really do much else. I listen to a ...