Skip to main content

August 2012 Round-Up

Hello! Welcome to my round up of everything I've read in August! I've done A LOT better this month than I did the last couple of months, put together, so yay for that! Here's what I've read:

Hollow Pike  Hunting Lila (Lila, #1)  Shift

1. Foretold by Jana Oliver
2. Speechless by Hannah Harrington
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
4. Slide by Jill Hathaway
5. Hollow Pike by James Dawson
6. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
7. Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
8. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
9. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
10. Torn by Cat Clarke
11. Shift by Kim Curran
12. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
13. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
14. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
15. Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson

YAY! I read more than 4 books this month :D I had a two week holiday in the middle of August, and I managed to read 14 books - a book a day! I also read half of Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts, and have started Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen or school. It won't be like this next month, I know that, but whatever, I'm proud of myself... Still 15 books behind my schedule though. Oh well! Next up, my monthly maths ;P 

Number of pages read this month: 5189
Average number of pages per book: 346

My favourite book of August was:

AMY & ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR by Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

My review will be posted... Um, soon. Ish.

These are the books I'm most looking forward to reading in September:

The Diviners  Zom-B (Zom-B, #1)  Breathe (Breathe, #1)

And lastly, a selection of new releases you can look forward to in September! Thanks for reading this post guys - let me know in the comments what your favourite read of August was, and what you're most looking forward to reading in September! 

Zom-B (Zom-B, #1)  Blackwood  Shift

What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)    The Raven Boys

Thanks for reading! I hope you all had a great bookish August too :D



Comments

  1. 14 books that is EPIC!!! I think I read 5. Good luck next month!

    Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of AMy & Roger? I ADORE that book, and actually just finished rereading it a couple of days ago for extended project.

    SUPER MEGA YAY FOR PERKS <3 <3

    Well done for reading 15 books!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :D I love comments, so comment away! :D

*I am no longer accepting blog awards :( I do not have time to go through all the things that come with it, and though I'm honoured you thought of me, I'm sure you can find someone who will love it, and be able to carry out the rules :)

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. BOUGHT       Divergent by Veronica Roth It was a complete surprise when I got this in the mail, it's not meant to be out until May 3rd so when I got it early from Amazon, I was extremely excited! Read it in two days, it's awesome! It is so good, you really have to read it! Bite Club by Rachel Caine Again, I was surprised when this came because it's also not meant to be out until May 3rd... Amazon have been sending things out early! Oh well, I'm not complaining :) I'll be reading this as soon as I finish The Girl in the Steel Corset, can't wait, The Morganville Vampires series is one of my favourites and this is book 10! :) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson I bought this one because it was £0.89 for Kindle, and I've heard good things about it :) Can't wait to read it, especially as it's dystopian! FOR REVIEW    The Day Before   by Lisa Schroeder I'm really excite...

Book Blogger Hop #4

It's that time again, for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books! It gives bloggers a chance to hop around and find some awesome new blogs to follow! I frequently find new books that I need to read, and it's a great way to make new friends! Click the link above to sign up! =] Where is your favourite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden? My answer: My favourite place to read is in the corner of our corner sofa in the living room, when my brother is playing the Xbox, because then, I can block out the sounds of him blowing things up and just get lost in a book. I can't read there though if the TV's on, as I'll just end up watching the programme instead! I also like reading in bed, but sometimes I'll find myself drifting off, so I don't read there very often! Blogs visited so far: (Will be added as I visit) Leeswammes's Blog Library Mosaic Jess Hearts Books Lost in Stories Emilie's Book World Amater...

Book Blogger Hop #10 and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday again, so time for the Book Blogger Hop and the Follow Friday! What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?  My answer: I didn't really enjoy Fallen by Lauren Kate very much, and I'm not sure why, I just didn't. Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to post my review, but I ended up saying why I didn't like it, but also all the parts I thought were good. I always try and post my honest opinion, and if I didn't like a particular book, I will try and say so in the nicest way possible, saying what the good bits were too. Because a book can't be all bad, can it?  What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby? My answer: Although reading takes up a lot of my time, I do do other things... I play the flute, and am currently on Grade 6 so that takes up a lot of my time too... And apart from reading and reviewing on my blog, I don't really do much else. I listen to a ...